Without a doubt, being a family caregiver can be incredibly rewarding—and extraordinarily tough. Today, millions of Americans act as the primary caregiver for a loved one who is aging or who has a disability.
Information & Assistance Available
- Information about services available to help caregivers in their role (e.g., chore services, home-delivered meals, adult day care)
- Assistance in identifying service needs
- Referrals to local service providers
- Expanding and Sustaining Iowa’s Lifespan Respite Program Semi-Annual Report (October 2016)
Family Caregiver Counseling
Counseling provided to caregivers to assist them in making decisions and solving problems relating to their caregiver roles.
Respite Care Services
- Information about respite care services to temporarily relieve caregivers from their caregiving responsibilities
- Assistance in finding resources to pay for respite care
Family Caregiver Support Groups
- A group of caregivers who meet to discuss common experiences and concerns and develop a mutual support system. These groups are facilitated by a trained individual.
Connect with your AAA to learn more.