Find Your Local Long-Term Care Ombudsman
Moving a loved one into a long-term care facility can be a true act of love and unselfishness when a person is no longer safe living at home, or when a caregiver can no longer provide the care the individual needs.
The following pages are specially designed for family members and caregivers of current and prospective residents of long-term care facilities and tenants of assisted living programs:
You may wish to contact your Local Long-Term Care Ombudsman if you are a:
- Resident or tenant of a nursing facility, residential care facility, assisted living program or elder group home;
- Family member or friend of a long-term care resident or tenant;
- Person who is interested in the welfare of residents/tenants;
- Person or family considering long-term care placement;
- Have questions about residents' rights Your Right to Choose Video; or
- Long-term care administrator or employee with a concern about a resident at their facility
- Looking for assistance with involuntary discharge
VIDEO: Involuntary Discharge
Local Long-Term Care Ombudsmen Districts
To find your county's Ombudsmen, review the districts below.